Past Tense aims to be a welcoming, accessible, community space where people come together and find joy in, support for and growth in their practice. To foster this mission and make yoga accessible to someone who otherwise would not be able to afford it, Past Tense offers an annual scholarship for a membership to the studio.
The scholarship provides six months to a year of yoga instruction, discussion and community involvement. The scholarship is open to someone who embodies this community spirit and needs assistance funding his or her practice.
The online application (below) is open from October 15, 2017 to November 30, 2017. Interviews will be held in December with final selection by December 20, 2017. All applicants will be notified of their status by December 20, 2017. The scholarship period begins January 1, 2018.
If you are interested in sponsoring an additional scholarship, please email Kelly.
· Must be at least 18 years of old
· Be a resident of the Mt. Pleasant/Columbia Heights community.
· Participate in studio events like auditions, community classes, Yogathon, Snowga, etc.
· Practice at least 2 times per week at the studio
· Try a new class or teacher from Past Tense, at least once a month
· Send feedback about 2 classes a month via the feedback form.
· Submit a reflection letter about how the program is serving the recipient and what could be improved upon at six months.
· Connect with a Past Tense teacher or staff member at least 3 times during year.
· Agree to initial 6 month scholarship, with optional 6 month renewal.
· Agree to help promote the scholarship to potential applicants for the next term.
· Demonstrate financial need