As life twists us into knots, Past Tense offers a yoga experience that strengthens, stretches and unwinds its members. The studio provides a welcoming, open atmosphere for yoga newbies without pretension or the things that intimidate new students. And, it offers more advanced students the space and expertise to continue and expand in their practice whether they choose the flowing style of vinyasa or a power yoga format focused on static poses. In addition, Past Tense offers yoga to meet the needs of the diverse Mt. Pleasant community and beyond. Past Tense aims to be an inclusive, welcoming and fun addition to the community.
* To embody community by creating a welcoming space within the studio and by being active in and giving back to the neighborhood in which we operate,
* To celebrate and honor the diversity of the city in which we practice,
* To value our teachers and staff as partners in the creation and growth of this space and all it embodies,
* To build a community that continues to grow,
* To balance fun and creativity with a respect for the ancient yogic traditions,
* To interpret the yoga experience in a creative and lighthearted way,
* To create a space in which creativity is honored and encouraged,
* To cultivate an atmosphere where the owners and employees can be joyful in and proud of our work,
* To provide accessible and high-quality yoga classes, taught by teachers from a diverse array of yogic traditions to both new and experienced students,
* To foster and encourage personal transformation for our students,
* To support a place of authenticity that is comfortable and safe,
* To acknowledge and embrace that our interpretation of yoga is a blend of many traditions and adapted to the needs of our Washington, DC community.