Getting started with us is easy
Login to our online scheduling platform and create your account
Buy a $50 trial membership and get unlimited classes for 14 consecutive days
Book your first class! Practice with us in person, livestream, or via video classes
Attending your first class
- Make note of where your class is taking place. Past Tense (on Lamont) is located on the second floor of 3169 Mt Pleasant Street NW. The entrance is on Lamont Street near the library (look for the bright teal fence). Past Tense Alley is located at 3221 Mt Pleasant St. NW in the alley behind Elle restaurant. Look for the wisteria mural.
- We encourage students to bring their own mat and water bottle. If you are attending Roll + Restore or Roll + Flow, please bring massage balls or two tennis balls in a tube sock. We offer a limited number of mats for rent. Students are welcome to borrow our bolsters, foam rollers, blocks, and straps. We also have an assortment of mats, massage balls, and other props for sale at each location.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle in, set up your mat, and connect with the teacher. We encourage you to give yourself the gift of time and the opportunity to meet with others in our community before class.Please note that we start to release waitlisted spots five minutes before class begins and cannot guarantee your spot if you arrive after that point. Also, in order to create a peaceful, safe, and sacred space, we do not allow latecomers and lock the door once class begins.
- Upon arrival, check in with the Studio Assistant at the front door and let the teacher know if you are dealing with any injuries or have any special conditions such as pregnancy, high or low blood pressure, etc.
- Be sure to silence your cell phone.
- We ask that you remain in class through savasana and our final breaths together out of respect for everyone else sharing your practice space.
- We ask that you be fully vaccinated for all illnesses, but currently do not require proof of vaccination for COVID or others. If you are ill or concerned you might be contagious, please plan to stay home and take class online, if you feel well enough. Masks in studio are currently optional and welcome.