Past Tense is dedicated to moving you past the tensions of everyday life. We provide a welcoming, open atmosphere without pretension, where students can find joy in and support for their yoga practice. We lead with heart, foster connection, and strive to live up to the guiding principle of ahimsa or nonviolence. We can't wait to meet you!
To get started and learn more about what to expect, follow these three, simple steps.
Create an account and pick up our new-student, two-week trial, which offers unlimited yoga for fourteen consecutive days of in-studio, livestream, and on-demand classes for $60 + tax. Because we have a diverse and talented staff who teach a variety of styles, this provides an opportunity for you to try as many classes as possible and find the best fit for you. Please note, your trial pass starts on your first visit, not when you purchase the pass. We do ask students to cancel in-studio classes two hours before it starts if they can't make it, to make room for any waitlisted students.
All in-studio, adult classes are vaccinated-only and taught by vaccinated staff. To attend, please email us a photo of your vaccination card showing you are at least two weeks past your final vaccination dose (second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, first/only dose for J&J). You only need to send it once. We will note your vaccination in your account for future visits.
There are three ways to practice with us: In-Studio, Livestream, and On-Demand. Whatever format you choose, we offer a variety of classes to help you restore balance, increase flexibility, build strength, decrease stress, and discover a deeper understanding of yourself and the world.
– All in-studio, adult classes are vaccinated-only.
– In-Person class size is limited.
– Per the mayor's mandate, masks are required.
– All classes are BYO Mat and Props. We have bolsters and foam rollers available for you to borrow. We ask you to please bring your own mat, blocks, straps, and Tuneup Balls or tennis balls (for Roll + Restore). We have mats and props available for sale at a discount at the studio.
– Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle in, set up your space, and connect with your instructor. Please note, we do lock the door when class begins and latecomers are not admitted.
– When you arrive at the studio, check in with the Studio Assistant at the front door, be sure to silence your cell phone, and let the instructor know prior to class if you are dealing with any injuries or have any special conditions such as pregnancy, high or low blood pressure, etc.
There are several ways to join our livestream classes. After you register, you will receive an email with a link to class. You may also login to your account, navigate to the appropriate class on the schedule, and click on the green video camera icon.
Practice with us anytime, anywhere with our On-Demand Library of classes.